Hardcover with dust jacket
19 x 25 cm
239 colored pictures
- Musée du Quai Branly in Paris, France (Patric Blanc with Atelier Jean Nouvel)
- Seed Posts in New York, USA (Michele Brody)
- Acros Fukuoka, Japan (Emilio Ambasz & Associates)
- Natural Towers in Lisbon, Portugal (Vertical Garden Design)
- Consorgio Building in Santiago, Chile (Enrique Brown with Borja Huidobro)
The greening of façades gives back a piece of nature to the built environment. Thanks to the vertical garden concept, the centuries old idea of a green wall emerging from the architecture itself has become a trend topic in the 21st century.
But the planting of façades is more than just an extension to the form vocabulary of architecture: especially for ecological reasons, like improved building climate quality and optimized energy balance, it represents sustainable architecture. On the basis of texts, photographs, and plans, FaçadeGreenery documents the entire spectrum of this species, along with some of the most unusual contemporary examples.