Hardcover with dust jacket
22.5 x 29.5 cm
- Genzyme Center, MA, USA (Behnisch Architekten)
- Solar settlement Schlierberg in Freiburg, Germany (Rolf Disch)
- Y-Cabin in Eastern Japan (Kengo Kuma & Associates)
- Penang Peaks, Malaysia (Michael Sorkin Studio)
- Canal House in Venice, CA, USA China (Sander Architects)
Combining sustainability and environmental awareness with ground-breaking style is one of the most exciting tasks of contemporary building design. Architects meet this challenge with breakthrough creative concepts which transformed ecological innovation into an integral part of building. The combination of unusual design and visionary application of energy and environment conservation technologies illuminates the projects presented in this volume as the forerunners of contemporary architecture. 112 projects from all around the globe are presented by means of texts, plans and photos as well as specific data concerning the ecological features.