Hardcover with dust jacket
22.5 x 29.5 cm
- Prada Transformer, anywhere (OMA)
- Path Gaumont in Rennes, France (Atelier Christian de Portzamparc)
- Austrian Museum of Film in Vienna, Austria (Steinmayr & Mascher)
- Linked Hybrid in Beijing, China (Steven Holl Architects)
- La Citadella in Kawasaki, Japan (The Jerde Partnership)
Movie theatre architecture is an architecture of night. Evening screenings take place in buildings that today more than ever are characterized by innovative architecture as well as extended functions. Cinema Architecture explores different types of movie theatres. These range from self-contained buildings to cinemas that are components of entertainment or cultural centres, cinemas that are outside of their usual context, for instance in hotels, as well as multi-functional mobile screening constructions. The volume also focusses on the interior design which spans from flamboyant, luxurious and opulent to minimalist, modern and refined.