- Holistic Living in Berlin, Germany (GRAFT)
- House of Martin Luther’s parents in Mansfeld, Germany (Anderhalten Architekten)
- Bund SOHO Shanghai, China (gmp)
- Zalando Event Space in Berlin, Germany (Bruzkus Batek)
- PAQ, Paris Quai Henri IV, France (LIN Labor Integrativ)
Berlin is experiencing another construction boom – and the world looks on in fascination as contemporary architecture meets the needs of an expanding metropolis. It is not just new homes either. Each year, the city’s architects complete a host of projects – in the capital, elsewhere in Germany, and all over the world. This curated selection of the most exciting new work includes unconventional buildings for cooperative housing groups, creatively thought-out renovations and additions to listed structures, and sustainable, people-centred landscape designs. The project presentations are complemented by essays on architectural issues making headlines in Berlin and elsewhere. They include the opportunities and limitations of smart home technology, adapting industrial areas and urban spaces to climate change, and the relationship between architecture and art.