21 x 27 cm
423 colored pictures
- Hotel H10 Berlin, Germany (Kleihues + Kleihues)
- Conversion former Jewish Girls School in Berlin, Germany (Grüntuch Ernst)
- Humboldt-Box in Berlin, Germany (KSV Krüger Schuberth Vandreike)
- Museum of the Bavarian Kings in Hohenschwangau, Germany (Staab Architekten)
- National Stadium Warsaw, Poland (gmp)
Over the last 20 years architecture in and from Berlin has emerged as a global brand. Like Vol. 1, this new edition of BUILDING BERLIN showcases the most interesting 70 new buildings in and outside of the German capital. Each project is presented on the basis of informative texts, the most important facts as well as insightful photographic and planning documents.
The contextual essays for each of the eight sections in this volume cover a wide and interesting range of subjects. While Sarah Tschernigow compares metro systems in cities such as Berlin, Shanghai, Stockholm and Dubai, Falk Jaeger discusses the relevance of drawings and sketches for the contemporary work of the architect. In his contribution Gerwin Zohlen analyses the urban functions of the current and future government buildings in Berlin and the different impacts they have on the city.