Chamber of Architects Berlin (Ed.)
BUILDING BERLIN, Vol. 1
The latest architecture in and out of the capital
21 x 27 cm
405 colored pictures
- State Ballet School of Berlin and the School of Acrobatic Arts, Germany (gmp)
- Friedrichstadt Pharmacy in Berlin, Germany (Wiewiorra Hopp Architekten)
- Nordbahnhof Park in Berlin, Germany (Fugmann Janotta)
- Aviation Museum in Cracow, Poland (Pysall Architekten)
- Metropol Parasol in Seville, Spain (J. Mayer H.)
Berlin currently enjoys international acclaim for its creative output, especially in the field of architecture. In fact, over the last 20 years architecture in and from Berlin has emerged as a global brand. Great buildings have been, and are being built by local and internationally operating architects.
What sets the German capital apart is a dynamic, heterogeneous and innovative architecture scene that consistently attains the highest technical and design standards. Themes and debates in Berlin reverberate around the world. This volume showcases the latest and most interesting buildings in and from Berlin, while also discussing current trends, developments and the backgrounds to many important architectural projects.