12.5 x 18.5 cm
- Holmes Place Lifestyle Club in Cologne, Germany (SEHW Architekten)
- ELSE-Club in Moscow, Russia (Architektenbüro 4A)
- O2 Fitness in Wilmington, NC, USA (J. Davis Architects)
- Wellness Sky in Belgrade, Serbia (4of7 Architecture)
- Club Sportive in Haarlem, The Netherlands (Concrete Architectural Associates)
With health-consciousness on the rise, fitness is a factor that plays an increasingly important role. In consequence, the demand for up-to-date and sophisticated fitness facilities is growing. The best gyms provide their customers with modern exercise equipment as well as relaxation and wellness areas, whilst also offering a welcoming and refined ambience. Combining gym functionality with a cutting-edge,
distinctive and contemporary design is an exciting and challenging task that architects increasingly endeavor to perfect.
Move! Best of Gym Design presents 40 notable projects from around the globe and shows the broad scope of creative, unusual and innovative gym architecture and design, ranging from spa-and wellness centers, high-tech professional sports and leisure complexes to gyms that are stylish compartments of exclusive hotels.