23.5 x 23.5 cm
440 colored pictures
- London City Hall, Great Britain (Foster & Partners)
- HA-LO Headquarters in Niles, IL, USA (Murphy / Jahn)
- Ponte de Lima market, Portugal (Guedes Cruz Arquitectos)
- Berliner main station, Germany (gmp)
- TV Asahi in Tokyo, Japan (Maki and Associates)
The importance of glass in the search of light and warmth throughout the history of architecture is unmatched. Today, glass still is and continues to be one of the most essential and versatile materials. In addition to its use for facade design, it is applied as a structural element, is able to present itself in the widest range of textures and colors and exhibits novel properties revealed by modern technology.
Using impressive photographs, drawings and sketches as well as informed texts, Clear Glass explores the timelessness and ceaseless fascination achieved by this translucent material. The book encompasses various architectural typologies and presents prestigious and innovative contemporary architectural projects from around the world.