23.5 x 23.5 cm
435 colored pictures
- Prado Museum extension in Madrid, Spain (Rafael Moneo)
- Reconstruction of the Frauenkirche in Dresden, Germany (IPRO Dresden)
- Mausoleum of Yasser Arafat in Ramallah, Palestine (Jafar Tukan)
- Stone Museum in Nasu, Japan (Kengo Kuma & Associates)
- Gateway building Southern Metropolitan Park, Panamericana in Chile (Antonio Polidura + Pablo Talhouk)
This timeless material is creating new milestones in international architecture. Stone is strong, fascinating and multifaceted; and it continues to inspire established and upcoming architects. Set in Stone impressively demonstrate the lightness and modernity of natural stone, brick and ceramic. With the aid of photographs, plans and texts, this volume unique contemporary buildings and interiors that use stone. Architects today place stone upon stone, as people have done for centuries, though seldom has the effect been as sleekly elegant as now in the 21st century.