- See 31 in Traunkirchen, Austria (Lakonis Architekten)
- Mill House in Stalham, England (Acme)
- Tepoztlán Lounge in Mexico (Cadaval & Solà-Morales)
- Maina on Mani Peninsula, Greece (Z-level, Elena Zervoudakis)
- Manshausen Island Resort in Steigen, Norway (Stinessen Arkitektur)
It bodes well when architecture meets vacation. It is a combination that promises relaxation and pleasure, inspiration and style, all in one.
Every one of the more than 60 vacation domiciles presented in this guide to architecture and accommodation is a unique jewel that meets, perhaps even exceeds, the high esthetic expectations of the traveling architect. A brief encounter with any one of these will make the heart of every design enthusiast beat a little faster.
Each of these very special lodgings is distinguished by the highest stylistic quality, personal touches, originality and passion for detail: Whether minimalist, experimental, posh or lavish; whether newly built or refurbished; whether houseboat, luxury loft or treehouse; whether one-time church, vineyard, mill or pump room; whether located in the trendiest metropolis, high in the mountains or on a remote coastline; whether holiday home, resort, glamping or bed and breakfast...