24 x 28
- Dubai Design District (d3), UAE (Endpoint)
- Kunsthalle Mannheim, Germany (Moniteurs Communication Design)
- Amsterdam Public Library, the Netherlands (Studiostaak)
- Parking at 13–17 East 54th Street in New York City, USA (Pentagram)
- Lisbon Cruise Terminal, Portugal (P-06 Atelier)
The purpose and primary function of wayfinding and signage design is to provide spatial orientation as quickly and clearly as possible. Respective concepts and systems can be designed for individual buildings, for example corporate headquarters, museums or hospitals, for areas such as a university campus or distinct municipal district, or for entire systems like a city's public transport. In addition to communicating direction, the interplay of typography, pictograms, materials, colors and shapes in these systems also delineates a particular identity of the location.
On the basis of international realizations this title shows the range of different approaches and implementation possibilities of environmental graphics. No matter what kind of spatial context, the focus is always on visual communication that is understandable for every user. This volume is an indispensable reference work for anyone involved in communication, as well as for architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and indeed creative minds of any sectors.