Hardcover with dust jacket
24 x 28 cm
- M-House in Singapore (Ong&Ong)
- Agbaria House in Musmus, Israel (Ron Fleisher Architects)
- Casa Tuscania in San Salvador, El Salvador (Cincopatasalgato)
- Am oberen Berg House in Stuttgart, Germany (Alexander Brenner Architekten)
- Split View Mountain Lodge in Buskerud, Norway (Reiulf Ramstad Arkitekter)
Individual life scripts are most clearly manifested in a person’s home. The center of one’s life is expected to provide fulfillment and personal happiness while also expressing the resident’s unique personality: An opulent dining room shows the desire for prestigious entertainment, a well-assorted library the love of knowledge of the occupants, a fitness room stands for their joy of exercise, and an eat-in kitchen for the pleasure of cozy gatherings.
Presenting a kind of contemporary cultural history of lifestyles this volume showcases more than 100 carefully selected residences and interiors. They include large villas and small apartments, romantic chalets and cool lofts, minimalist bungalows and innovative townhouses for singles and couples, small and large families, and other forms of cohabitation. Each one of these living environments from around the world is fascinating and inspiring in its own special way.