Hardcover with dust jacket
22.5 x 29.5 cm
508 colored pictures
- Dental Practice Gdent in Vittoria, Spain (Francesc Rifé)
- Mid Atlantic Skin-Surgery Institut in Washington, DC, USA (Forma Architect)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Center in Tokyo, Japan (L2ds)
- Embryocare Clinic in Athenes, Greece (mab architects)
- Pediatrics and Traditional Medecine Practice in Cologne, Germany (100% interior)
Doctors' practices have become a new frontier in construction. Architects and designers around the world have risen to the challenge, successfully creating environments that are as innovative and inviting as they are functional. The patient finds himself or herself in well designed and comfortable surroundings, which contribute as much to the process of healing and recovery as well as the technical equipment and medical competence.
This title features 60 different offices and practices created for a wide variety of fields, from dentistry and pediatrics to Traditional Chinese Medicine. The architects and designers featured demonstrate the most creative solutions to the very particular demands of the healthcare sector.