German, English, French
Hardcover with dust jacket
23.5 x 23.5 cm
- New Building in Brione, Switzerland (Markus Wespi and Jérôme de Meuron)
- House in Mühlgraben, Austria (Maaars Architektur)
- Molly’s Cabin in Pointe au Baril, Canada (Agathom Co.)
- Chalet C6 in Lon Andes, Chile (DRN Architects)
- House on the Mountainside in Hyogo, Japan (Keiichi Hayashi Architect)
The typical country homes of mountainous regions, chalets are gaining in popularity around the globe. Implemented in contemporary styles , they offer a refuge in nature from the hustle and bustle of daily urban life. The natural settings offer challenges and opportunities at the same time. The designs have to accommodate the topography of the landscape, combining regional typologies and modern styles.
Whether high mountains, canyons, or cliffy coasts, Masterpieces: Chalet Architecture + Design presents contemporary 61 projects in which well-known architects and innovative designers pay their respect to nature – through sustainable construction methods and an aesthetic style that appreciates and highlights the beauty and uniqueness of each landscape.