Hardcover with dust jacket
23.5 x 33.5 cm
- Pacuare Lodge in Turrialba, Costa Rica (Roberto Fernandez and Daniel Peyer)
- Marcus Beach House in Queensland, Australia (Bark Design Architects)
- Devoto House in Buenos Aires, Argentina (Andres Remy Arquitectos)
- Villa of a Million Stars in Koh Tao, Thailand (Saenz de Santamaria Designs)
- Sun House in Galle, Sri Lanka (Taru)
From cozy, loft-style homes to palatial mansions, elegant retreats to functional family homes, this illustrated volume brings together a collection of the most inspirational tropical houses. These are timeless spaces where refined aesthetics and local materials, simplicity and grandeur, nature and architecture reside together in peaceful co-existence.
Tropical Houses presents a stunning array of the most ambitious examples of recent residential architecture and design in the tropical regions of this world, from Brazil to the Carribbean, from Bali to Singapore. Each architect featured here, renowned designers as well as innovative newcomers, has produced an architectural masterpiece. It is an invitation to dream - and to believe in the possibility of that dream becoming reality.