Hardcover with dust jacket
22.5 x 29.5 cm
- The Calhoun School in New York, USA (FXFOWLE ARCHITECTS)
- FDE – Public School in Sao Paolo, Brazil (Forte, Gimenes & Marcondes Ferraz Arquitectos)
- Bamboo School in Luong Son Village, Vietnam (THESKYISBEAUTIFUL)
- Aying Elementary School, Germany (Allmann Sattler Wappner Architekten)
- Het 4e Gymnasium in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (HVDN architekten)
School building architecture has greatly gained in pedagogical significance during the last years. Students of the 21st century have access to increasingly more workspaces customized for various studies, rooms for teamwork and cafeterias. Multi-functional communal spaces, exhibition spaces and sports facilities also play an important role in education. Creating spaces that take into account both students' educational needs and their well-being is one of the most exciting and challenging tasks of contemporary school building design. School presents international projects which set themselves apart not only with their modern architectural vocabulary, but also with their architects' hope of being their contribution to the improvement of educational standards.