German, English, French
Hardcover with dust jacket
23.5 x 23.5 cm
- Bellevue Hospital in New York, USA (Pei Cobb Freed & Partners)
- Agatharied Hospital, Germany (Nickl & Partner)
- Rehab Basel, Switzerland (Herzog & de Meuron)
- CHA Women's and Children's Hospital, Korea (KMD Architects)
- Woodbury Dermatology Clinic in Memphis, USA (Archimania)
Architecture and design are playing an increasing role in todayÂ’s approaches to treatment and recovery. This trend affects not only the construction of hospitals and health care facilities, but also the planning of spaces for patients, staff and visitors. The most important topics in this development are the use of natural light, careful selection of colors and materials, priority to flexible room concepts, and concern for the environment.
Masterpieces: Hospital Architecture + Design presents 61 buildings developed by international hospital specialists and architects that approach the task from an outside perspective. All projects, however, were developed with the focus on Man and human needs.