Chris van Uffelen
Markus Sebastian Braun (Ed.)
Masterpieces around the World
24 x 33 cm
- Jewel Changi Airport Terminal, Singapore (Safdie Architects
- The Shed in New York, United States (Diller Scofidio + Renfro)
- Ribbon Chapel in Hiroshima, Japan (Hiroshi Nakamura & NAP)
- James-Simon-Galerie on Museumsinsel Berlin, Germany (David Chipperfield Architects)
- L’Arbre Blanc Residential Tower in Montpellier, France (Sou Fujimoto Architects)
Nearly exactly ten years after the publication of the Atlas of World Architecture, this new follow-up publication reviews the last architectural decade by means of current exemplary buildings from all continents. Not only have building tasks, techniques and styles changed greatly in the last decade, but the world has transformed, which is significantly reflected in global building culture. Conversion and sustainability have gained significantly in importance, and great innovative architecture has emerged in new regions.
The most diverse projects from temporary exhibition halls to mega airports are compiled and vividly presented in concise texts, accompanied by images and drawings. Contemporary Architecture. Masterpieces around the World is published as a new reference work that reflects the exciting diversity and remarkable achievements of current architecture worldwide. A particular focus is once again on presenting previously unknown masterpieces alongside the well-known highlights of today's world of construction.