Hardcover with dust jacket
22.5 x 29.5 cm
- School of Art and Art History in Iowa City, USA (Steven Holl)
- HafenCity University in Hamburg, Germany (code unique architects)
- Svalbard Science Center in Spitzbergen, Norway (Jarmund Vigsnæs Architects)
- EWHA Campus in Seoul, Korea (Dominique Perrault)
- Nelson Mandela Institut in Abuja, Nigeria (Massimiliano Fuksas)
University buildings pose an interesting challenge for contemporary architecture. The seven liberal arts have been joined by countless other faculties. This academic branching out requires specialization of the structures for teaching and learning, research and the creation of new knowledge as well as the preservation and access to the constantly growing knowledge of mankind. In addition, this volume focuses on the topics such as the interconnectivity and sustainability on campuses as well as today's multimedia requirements.
Colleges & Universities presents 70 recent projects from around the world by means of texts, photos and drawings.