Hardcover with dust jacket
25 x 29 cm
- CCTV in Beijing, China (OMA)
- Tama Art University Library in Tokyo, Japan (Toyo Ito)
- X Block, Vidyalankar Campus in Mumbai, India (Planet 3 Studios Architecture)
- Floating Observatory in Sungnam, Korea (Kyungam Architects Associates)
- Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand (Murphy/Jahn)
In the past five years the culturally diverse and historically rich Asian countries have seen a revolution in architecture. The world of architecture has been witnessing the emergence of independent designers and a number of new stars Â– and above all breathtaking new and exciting buildings.
This generously illustrated volume from the Collection series provides an overview of the transformation of Asian architecture as cultures move towards a synthesis of ideas and styles reconciling tradition and modernity. Top new contemporary projects also by architects from other countries were selected to show the extent of Asian influences on other cultures.