31.7 x 24 cm
- Finding Wilhelmsburg on the map – representations up to now
- Measurements – how big is the Elbe island anyway?
- Taking stock – influential buildings and places
- The 15-minute city - closeness and accessibility
- The ideal city – Wilhelmsburg between pastoral and urban fantasies
Put together in the course of planning for the Wilhelmsburg area in the context of International Construction Exhibition (IBA) in Hamburg 2006-2013, this atlas explores the possibilities of urban planning and the hidden strengths and qualities that can help make Wilhelmsburg visible and useful.
Based on a detailed stock-taking of the Elbe island, five concepts are presented which on the one hand help analyze Wilhelmsburg’s complex structure, and on the other create plans for attractive city spaces.