Hardcover with dust jacket
24 x 31.5 cm
324 colored pictures
- Kvadrat Showroom in Copenhagen, Denmark (Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec)
- Hof Country Residence in Skagafjördur fjord, Iceland (Studio Granda)
- Bar Grotesk in Helsinki, Finland (Järvi & Ruoho)
- The Energy Hotel in Nesflaten, Suldal, Norway (Helen & Hard architects)
- Moderna Museet Malmö in Sweden (Tham & Videgård Arkitekter)
In almost no other region of Europe is the connection to nature so pronounced as in the Nordic countries - beginning with the extreme differences between the long, dark winter nights and the long days of summer. At the same time, the dovetailing of state of the art technology with the contemporary realization of tradition is a matter of course in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
Thanks to the creativity and relish for experiment of the architecture and design scene, a many facetted Scandinavian design consciousness has emerged; the many trends that were initiated have created enthusiasm around the world. The projects presented in this volume show the unique and surprising design concepts for residential space, restaurants, stores and offices.