22 x 22
- Lorimer Street Townhouse in Brooklyn, NY, USA (Elizabeth Roberts Architecture & Design)
- Mod Apartment in Kiev, Ukraine (Sergey Makhno Architects)
- Summer Cave House in Santorini, Greece (Kapsimalis Architects)
- Sursock Apartment in Beirut, Lebanon (Platau)
- Taringa Treehouse in Brisbane, Australia (Phorm Architecture + Design)
The evolution from yesterday’s purely functional and usually soulless bathroom to today’s private oasis that comes in all shapes and sizes – and that sometimes even seems like a piece of art – continues to open up new horizons: from introducing elements of ancient bathhouse culture to contemporary concepts, materials and products.
With a careful choice of projects from across the globe, this volume showcases an exceptional spectrum ranging from small and intimate baths to wide open spa landscapes – from size S to XL. They all have their own special way of inviting to immerse, relax, and let go. The multitude of design concepts presents the coming together of solid and fluid elements in architecture and interior design as an inspiration for body and soul.