12.5 x 18.5 cm
- Juan Valdez Flagship Café in New York, USA (Hariri & Hariri Architecture)
- East Beach Café in West Sussex, Great Britain (Heatherwick Studio)
- TATE Coffee Bar in Malta (Matthew J. Mercieca Design Architect)
- Barbie Flagship Store & Café in Shanghai, China (Slade Architecture)
- Lichtblick Café in Innsbruck, Austria (Dominique Perrault Architecture)
The design of coffee shops is increasingly on the move. Where cafés have traditionally been principally viewed as places to enjoy a coffee with a piece of cake, they have evolved to show a broad range of multifunctional purposes and amenities. They can, for instance, exist as cozy lunch-time meeting spots before abruptly transforming into vibrant late-night bars after sundown.
Café! Best of Coffee Shop Design shows the wide scope of different café concepts, including coffee bars as integral parts of cutting-edge multipurpose buildings, flagship stores and traditional shops with a contemporary twist. The 40 projects featured comprise an extensive variety of designs and styles, ranging from minimalist, strict and reduced, to opulent and extravagant.