23.5 x 23.5 cm
389 colored pictures
- Kupla - the Bubble in Helsinki , Finland (HUT Wood Studio/ Ville Hara)
- Writing with Light House in New York, USA (Steven Holl Architects)
- Y-Cabin in Eastern Japan (Kengo Kuma & Associates)
- Huski Hotel in Falls Creek, Australia (Elenberg Fraser)
- BR House in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Marcio Kogan with Bruno Gomes)
Timber as a traditional building material provides exciting possibilities in architectural design that have long been recognised and employed. Quite apart from the aesthetic value of the different kinds of wood, one of the most important advantages is its sustainability which make it part of energy-efficient architecture.
Touch Wood presents outstanding examples of the latest architectural designs from all over the world for which wood has been used extensively. Richly illustrated this title shows the innovative ways timber is currently being handled and how its use has been expanded by new technologies and experiments with traditional building methods.