22 x 28
- Swiss House XXII in Preonzo, Switzerland (David Macullo Architects)
- EFH in Riein, Switzerland (Andreas Fuhrimann Gabrielle Hächler Architekten)
- 37 M in Hohenems, Austria (Juri Troy Architects)
- Haus SCH in Bregenz, Austria (Dietrich Untertrifaller Architekten)
- Casa H in Toblach, South Tyrol/Italy (Plasma Studio)
The architecture of the single-family house reflects very different lifestyles and realities. Chris van Uffelen has examined this versatile task in Switzerland and Austria (supplemented by South Tyrol). He presents remarkable projects that nevertheless lie within the scope of a middle class budget and which have unjustly received too little attention so far.
The volume shows how architects in the Alpine region constantly redefine the relationship between contemporary design trends and trendsetting living concepts with traditional and highly distinguished regional building traditions. Exterior and interior photographs, detailed planning material, facts on ecological aspects and the materials used, in combination with well-founded texts offer both diverse inspirations and all required essential information.