19 x 28
- Thomas P. Murphy Design Studio Building in Coral Gables, USA (Arquitectonica)
- The Ayla Clubhouse in Aqaba, Jordan (Oppenheim Architecture)
- Center for Oceanological Research in Banyuls-sur-Mer, France (Atelier Stéphane Fernandez)
- Gerhard Pahl Center, TU Darmstadt, Germany (kister scheithauer gross, Prof. Susanne Gross)
- SHONAN T-SITE in Fujisawa, Japan (Klein Dytham architecture)
After the Middle Ages, concrete fell into oblivion and was only rediscovered around 1700. Through constant further development and improvement, it became the most widely used building material of our time. New and innovative applications make it an incredibly valuable design tool for contemporary architectural concepts as its properties and appearances can be influenced by the respective mixture of components.
The creative potential is almost inexhaustible. As versatile as this malleable material presents itself, it requires the skill and passion of its planners to create esthetically convincing solutions. The publication shows the enormous relevance and inimitable fascination of concrete in impressive imagery and versed texts with all relevant facts.