23.5 x 23.5 cm
- Phaeno Science Center in Wolfsburg, Germany (Zaha Hadid Architects)
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem, Israel (Moshe Safdiie and Associates)
- 21_21 Design Sight in Tokyo, Japan (Tadao Ando)
- Church Saint-Pierre in Firminy, France (Le Corbusier, Josè Oubrerie)
- Casa da Música in Porto, Portugal (OMA / Rem Koolhaas)
Contemporary architecture is reinterpreting concrete, demonstrating impressively the almost unlimited array of potential applications of this material. Especially combined with other components its remarkable versatility becomes apparent; thanks to its unique capacity to be moulded it achieves a level of flexibility that surpasses most other constructions materials. The latest generation of buildings shows more than ever before just what concrete is capable of. In this book, it is shown that the popular material has more to offer than it is usually assumed.
Concrete Creations presents a selection of projects from around the globe that are presented by means of extensive photographic and planning images.