Hardcover with dust jacket
23.5 x 33.5 cm
513 colored pictures
- Villa Mayavee in Phuket, Thailand (Tierra Design)
- Lawaflow 3 in Kehena, Hawaii, USA (Craig Steely Architecture)
- Pier House in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Gabriel Grinspum + Mariana Simas)
- Dupli Dos Residence in Ibiza, Spain (Juma Architects)
- Villa Windlund in Öland, Sweden (Claesson Koivisto Rune)
Human beings have always been fascinated by the seaside. The beach is the ultimate retreat to escape the frenzied pace of our lives. The desire to look at the seemingly infinite ocean and to reconnect with the natural environment becomes reality in a house on the beach with sumptuous interiors and outdoor living spaces, balancing casual-cool and opulence.
Beach Houses features projects from all areas of the world, from Uruguay and Hawaii in the Western Hemisphere, to Spain and Norway in Europe, and New Zealand and Thailand in the Asian-Pacific region. Architects and designers have created an enormous variety of residences ranging from minimalist dwellings on remote islands to palatial mansions in urban settings and luxurious holiday villas high above the sea. Take the plunge into a dreamlike world that underscores the uniqueness of the beach location, embracing a seaside-lifestyle.