Hardcover with dust jacket
24 x 33 cm
2.300 colored pictures
- Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE (SOM)
- WTC Transportation Hub in New York, USA (Santiago Calatrava)
- Museum Maxxi in Rome, Italy (Zaha Hadid)
- CCTV Headquarters in Beijing, China (OMA)
- Za-Koenji Public Theater in Tokyo, Japan (Toyo Ito)
The spirit of an era is reflected by its architecture. The worldwide turbulences of the past years have led to a correspondingly unparalleled diversity of buildings. This compendium presents an international exhibition of contemporary architecture against a backdrop of global trends, local traditions, functional demands, economical constraints and individual styles.
The selection includes stunning designs from the most sought-after architects and talented up-and-coming companies, demonstrating new interpretations of forms to suit anticipated future demands. The Atlas of World Architecture sets a benchmark for buildings of all typologies from the past five years that have earned their place in architectural history.